What are cookies?
We also use pixels which are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
We also use other tracking technologies like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking beacons” or “clear gifs”) and local storage. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our website or opened an email that we have sent them.
You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Cookies help us to operate our website and provide services to you. In particular, they can:
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable, including by recognising you when you return to our website and to customise the website according to your individual interests;
- enhance and customise your experience across our website including by speeding up your searches;
- enable us to perform research and carry out analytics; and
- deliver advertising and marketing that is relevant to you.
Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our website, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics. These third-parties are responsible for the cookies they set on our website and we have no control over them
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Operationally necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For instance, cookies to enable you to log in to access our services, or cookies that are needed to take advantage of our e-billing services.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to track how our users use our website, the number of visits on each page, and behaviour on each page. This helps us optimise our website so you can find the things you are looking for and have the best experience possible.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allows us to recognise you by name and create a more personalised experience for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you may have clicked. We will use this information to curate services and content based on your needs. This information may also be shared with third-party providers.
What technical information do we collect about your device?
We collect the following information about the device you are using to access our website:
- the type of device you use;
- a unique device identifier, for example, your device's IMEI number;
- network information;
- your operating system;
- your IP address;
- the browser you are using and what version it is; and
- your time zone setting.
We collect usage data about your activities on our website, including:
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our online properties (including date and time);
- The different types of services/products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How can you control cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
Most advertising networks also offer you the option to opt out of targeted advertising. For more info, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
You can manage your cookie settings by following your browser's instructions. Here are some links that might be of assistance:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge